The episode audio is being processed and will be ready shortly. O'Connor asserts that Abu-Jamal was framed for the murder of police officer Daniel Faulkner because of a vendetta by Philadelphia mayor Frank Rizzo and the police due to Abu-Jamal's defense, as a journalist, of the cultish countercultural group MOVE.
Relying heavily on court transcripts and prior books on the case, O'Connor shows what he sees as the judge's bias, troubled relations between Abu-Jamal and his defense lawyer and dubious statements by various witnesses. Abu-Jamal was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death; later overturned, the sentence could still be reinstated pending a decision by the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Now in the wake of Faulkner's widow's recent book alleging Abu-Jamal's guilt, it has made it more difficult to be swayed entirely by O'Connor's arguments, but he makes a strong case that the investigation into Faulkner's murder deserves another look.
- Everyday Wisdom: Backpackers: 1001 Expert Tips for Hikers (Backpacker Magazine).
- Choose a subject area below?
- Individuals Across the Sciences!
- Valuing the Environment: Methodological and Measurement Issues.
- Religion, Politics and Ideology in the Third Reich: Selected Essays (Cass Series--Totalitarian Movements and Political Religions).
Patrick O'Conner. Register or log-in.
Would you like to create a free account? Patrick O'Connor.
Mumia Abu-Jamal--the most famous death-row inmate in the United States--was sentenced to death in for allegedly killing police officer Daniel Faulkner. Using the preponderance of evidence to establish that Faulkner shot Abu-Jamal as he approached him and that a passenger in Abu-Jamal's brother's car, Kenneth Freeman, then killed Faulkner, this study convincingly shows how the Philadelphia Police Department and District Attorney's Office framed Abu-Jamal for Faulkner's killing.
In addition, unlike any other book or article on this subject, it describes the overarching role in the case that then-mayor Frank Rizzo and a small, radical, back-to-nature cult called MOVE played.
- Framing an Execution: The Media and Mumia Abu-Jamal;
- Similar Titles in Journalism.
- Browse menu.
- Proceedings of the Ninth Conference on Quantum Field Theory Under the Influence of External Conditions (QFEXT09) : devoted to the Centenary of H.B.G. Casimir, University of Oklahoma, USA, 21-25 September 2009 = QFEXT09 = Proceedings of the 9th Conference.
- The Framing of Mumia Abu-Jamal by J. Patrick O'Connor.
- Mumia Abu-Jamal.
Blest too is he who knows the rural gods. As I scanned I recognized my brother standing in the street staggering and dizzy.