If you originally registered with a username please use that to sign in. To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above.
ANN: Member Publication "Contraband: Louis Mandrin and the Making of a Global Underground"
Don't already have an Oxford Academic account? Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford.
It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. Sign In or Create an Account. Sign In.
- Download Contraband: Louis Mandrin and the Making of a Global Underground Ebook Free.
- Featured channels;
- All I Want Level 5 (Cambridge English Readers)?
Advanced Search. Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation.
Volume John Jordan. Oxford Academic.
Log in to Wiley Online Library
Use the link below to share a full-text version of this article with your friends and colleagues. Learn more.
- Contraband : Louis Mandrin and the making of a global underground;
- Mobile Peer to Peer (P2P): A Tutorial Guide (Wiley Series on Communications Networking & Distributed Systems)?
- Michael Kwass, Contraband: Louis Mandrin and the Making of a Global Underground.;
- Law & Anthropology: Indigenous Peoples, Constitutional States And Treaties Of Other Constructive Arrangements Between Indigenous Peoples And States (International Yearbook for Legal Anthropology).
- The Designers Guide to VHDL (3rd Edition).
- Lactation: a Comprehensive Treatise, Volume 3: Nutrition and Biochemistry of Milk/Maintenance;
- Page Not Found.
Volume 68 , Issue 4. The full text of this article hosted at iucr.dviraciaianyksciuose.lt/wp-content/online/localizar-celular-android-samsung.php
CONTINUE TO BILLING/PAYMENT
If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, your email address may not be registered, and you may need to create a new Wiley Online Library account. If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve your username. Evan Jones University of Bristol Search for more papers by this author. Read the full text.
Contraband exposes the dark side of this early phase of globalization, revealing hidden connections between illicit commerce, criminality, and popular revolt. France's economic system was tailor-made for an enterprising outlaw like Mandrin.
ywodypodadyc.tk | Contraband | | Michael Kwass | Boeken
As French subjects began to crave colonial products, Louis XIV lined the royal coffers by imposing a state monopoly on tobacco from America and an embargo on brilliantly colored calico cloth from India. Vigorous black markets arose through which traffickers fed these exotic goods to eager French consumers. Flouting the law with unparalleled panache, Mandrin captured widespread public attention to become a symbol of a defiant underground. This furtive economy generated violent clashes between gangs of smugglers and customs agents in the borderlands.